View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 19:13   #18
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Unstoppable migration?

They also believe that in France their claims are far more likely to be rejected and that once in the system in the UK there are myriad means by which they can stay here, work illegally etc. and get housed, especially if they make someone pregnant. They can access all sorts of services such as the NHS without any issues at all - not sure that's very easy in France. So why do people smugglers send the rest this way I wonder? They're not renowned for caring about their cargo and it'd be a whole lot cheaper to send them elsewhere...

Family and linguistic links soon become a self fulfilling prophecy. The more we continue to allow people from all around the globe to pitch up here because they feel like it, the more of them will come and the bigger our problems will be.

If I were a migrant in Calais the last thing I'd do is tell some BBC reporter that I can't wait to get into the UK because the welfare and immigration systems are so lax and the chances of ever being removed are small.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote