View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 09:43   #10
homealone

Re: Formula 1 2006 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by andygrif
The decision to stop him short of the line will save them a penalty placing in three weeks, so whilst it wasn't very sporting, it was a good strategic decision.

That said, JB proved yesterday what I've been saying for a couple of seasons now - he's a good driver, very fast, technically brilliant - but what he's not is the better than people like Kimi and Alonso. Kimi's amazing overtaking move on Button was and inspired bit of expertly calculated risk-taking and that's why Button will probably never win a GP.

Great race yesterday, some rather good exits too!
Yes, the choice was a guaranteed 10th place yesterday, versus starting at best 10th at Imola, in 3 weeks. I was initially surprised he didn't coast over the line, but can see the reason for the decision to pull over.

Regarding the race, it was ok, I thought, but some strange anomalies - why was Fisichella so much slower than Alonso, how come Barrichello still can't get used to the Honda, why were the teams struggling so much with their tyres?

It will be interesting to see if Ferrari can improve at Imola, otherwise it looks like a battle between Renault & McClaren for the title.