View Single Post
Old 14-01-2017, 13:59   #3790
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
No the EU is starting to realise that the UK actually has strengths that they cannot replicate easily or cheaply and once the UK's main contribution ends they have to make up that shortfall. Now the dutch are saying freedom of movement needs radical reform and claim falling support for the current system and a few cracks are showing in the EU facade. People keep saying our government wants time because it has no plan I'm starting to think they want time for the cracks to show which only strengthens our negotiating position.
It'll be a number of factors I reckon, including those. I've always said that far too many people have concerned themselves only with the UK's problems and overlooked (conveniently or otherwise) the EU's far more serious issues.

The Eurocrats don't like admitting their failures, mistakes or the fundamental flaws in their strategy for Europe. It doesn't surprise me one jot therefore that they carry on talking the tough talk as if the UK will be the only loser if they fail to compromise. They certainly won't be advertising all the private conversations with/pressure from worried German car makers and the like who'll be panicking about the possibility of not coming up with a sensible trade deal with the UK. What does surprise me is the number of people here who don't seem to realise this but believe that the EU has the whip hand and would sell the UK short to remain part of such a club. May needs to be resolute and carry on doing what she's doing. There are going to be errors of judgement along the way but what we can't afford to do is undermine our own objectives and shoot ourselves in the foot.