View Single Post
Old 20-04-2017, 22:12   #11
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Does PHP7 really speed up the Internet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I would love to hear a clarification of what Damian's question actually means
If PHP is a language a framework is a set of existing code and structures that you can use to make development quicker rather than doing everything from scratch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downquark1 View Post
When you design websites you typically employ a framework which is basically a code library that does the complicated bits for you. Damien is asking how many of these frameworks are built using php these days.

Wordpress is a bloging frramework for instance.
Yeah. I kind of thought that PHP has been taken over server side by things like Ruby, Node and so on. I assume that most large PHP applications are now commonly started against another framework? The PHP I remember would need such a thing to still be used for large web applications.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote