View Single Post
Old 18-03-2017, 11:30   #151
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: John Malone/Liberty/VM General News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesteev View Post
Coming from someone in the industry... I dont see how this deal works. Its been talked up by media sources that don't understand how these companies operate. The VF spectrum is of little use at its current value to LG when other operators like O2 offer a much better return of investment for mobile spectrum. VF has a single asset that LG/VM could utilise while farming off the other elements of their fixed line networks, there is no strategic benefit to a merger/buyout from LG's perspective IMO.

The talks and rumours of talks have boosted share price, that may be as much action as you see from this deal.
I don't have a view if it will happen or not but surely the question is not just about the UK but about the world? Vodafone has a great cable TV network in Spain, for example, that could share technology and content purchasing with LGI's cable businesses in the UK and Europe.
Does Vodafone's pausing its UK TV business indicate anything on the merger front or not? I think someone here - maybe Stephen - had suggested that it was cancelled at the last minute after extensive testing.
1andrew1 is online now   Reply With Quote