View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 18:34   #35
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
Re: Fifa tells referee to call off England game if players wear poppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Well give me some credit because that's not what I'm saying..The choice is yours and everyone else's not to wear one.My beef is in being told that I can't wear one or that others who want to wear one can't and the excuse given that it's political.It's only political if you make it so.
No, I never said you said that, nor did I mean to imply it. It's absolutely fine by if it's on a voluntary basis, but in reality it isn't always. I also think that, to the extent that it's a measure of support for our troops (as said, it means different things to different people), it is a political symbol, and FIFA are right in the ban (until they approved this new mealy-mouthed compromise).