Thread: Racing (Car) Formula 1 2015 Season thread
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 19:18   #59
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
Re: Formula 1 2015 Season thread

Can't see it. Essentially all the time Bernie's in charge lucrative tv rights deals will win out over fta coverage, despite the resulting fall in viewer numbers. Race attendance is also a worry. Did you know that at every track on last year's (2014) f1 calendar which also hosted a round of the World Superbikes, the Superbikes had more people turn up! My son and I went to the 2014 British Grand Prix and it was an awesome event. But it cost me close to a month'a mortgage for the two of us, and he's 7. But he can't afford a Rolex so Bernie doesn't care about him, even though the sport could part him with his money for decades if they understood how important the future is. But the cost aside, if you're not generating interest through television exposure or online then you won't have people bothering to go to the races. At some point in the next few years I reckon we'll see a heritage race with empty stands and we'll realise it's too late - all the young people will be at the formula e. They won't care that we have the fastest cars and the best drivers, they'll just know that we weren't bothered enough to pay them any attention.