Thread: 4K Blu Ray
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2023, 20:58   #6
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age
Re: 4K Blu Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
I started with betamax, then swapped for a VHS and had a collection. Then restarted with a DVD collection - big mistake. DVDs are totally crap on today's TVs and the whole lot has all ended up in the bin. I've admitted defeat and totally given up collecting physical media.

I'm glad I haven't gone down the same road with Bluray. Stream or download for me.
Agreed, I'm assuming you mean standard DVD's, they're only 576i resolution so upscaled they will look pretty ropey. Native 4K blu rays on the other hand can look fantastic with a decent 4K player and TV. Personally I enjoy the full ownership aspect of stuff I really enjoy watching but can understand why others may prefer the convenience of just streaming the media.
daveeb is online now   Reply With Quote