View Single Post
Old 21-09-2017, 15:52   #2681
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think Thursday Night NFL games were the only package Amazon could get their hands on, I think the other packages are still in multi year contracts.
With regard to Premier League rights NBC hold those in Amazon's home territory of the USA until the end of the 2021-2022 season, also the Premier League are reluctant to give up on their policy of selling rights to individual countries, so if Amazon are to bid for the Premier League my thoughts are that it would be for just one or two packages, maybe the mooted new Saturday night slot would be in their sights for the European territories they operate in?

I'd also hazard a guess that as Amazon acquires more sports rights they cease to be free for Amazon Prime customers and a separate sports sub will be required a la Amazon Music (if you want a decent music service rather than the free one), Amazon Fresh, Audible and any of their other services that require more than a Prime subscription.

Last edited by buckeye; 21-09-2017 at 16:00.