View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 16:36   #1231
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I doubt that is the case, but you never know. My block of flats was cabled up many years go, but there is absolutely no restriction on Sky being installed. However it should be installed as a communal dish feeding the flats, and the install company will require a minimum number of flats to sign up for it before installing.
My sister lives in a block of flats and have a communal dish but it's rubbish. There's only one feed so you can't record whilst watching another channel. My sister got Sky in a few years ago and was really mis-sold by the salesman who assured her she would be able to record a different channel to the one being watched. She had all sorts of problems with picture freezing to and was forever on the phone to sky.

I understand that local bylaws prevent multiple dishes being installed in blocks of flats, hence the communal dish requirement. Around here, people ignore those bylaws and install an individual dish if they want Sky.

I'm not sure how your flats work, but here, we employ the management company to handle routine maintenance etc. so they have no right to prevent us going down the communal dish path if we wanted to.