View Single Post
Old 13-12-2017, 07:38   #1248
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
What would be your desired end point 5-10 years down the line? I understand that you want no part of the UK to be aligned with the EU but what would you call a successful end to trade negotiations? Would you favour a free trade deal for everything, some sectors or a straight WTO MFN relationship?

Outside of trade, how would you see our interactions with organisations such as EASA, Europol, EMA develop? Again, nothing to do with them, an alignment partnership or membership?

Do you see the man on the street being financially better or worse off in 5-10 years time or are there other benefits joe public will see?

This isn't a challenge, I am genuinely curious to understand why you are so strongly in favour of Brexit
To be fair, Mick has already answered your question. 'A clean and total break from a corrupted EU'.

So called 'hard Brexiteers' do not share your view that the sky will fall in if we leave this bureaucracy. Other countries can manage to trade with the EU without being a member of it, and so can we - and we will be able to trade with the rest of the world, which is developing faster than the EU, by the way.

Personally, I would be happy with that, but I also see the sense in trying to get our own trade deal with the EU in the same way as we want with other countries. There is no reason why this should not be a good deal for us as well as the EU because our rules and regulations are already fully aligned with theirs.

What we don't want, however, is to get drawn bank in by any trade agreement with the EU. We do not want an unreasonable price to be levied on us out of spite and nor do we want to be members of the EU, the Common Market or the Customs Union.

Those who think this will result in everyone being poorer are focussing on the possibility that we will be trading less with the EU without taking into account the enormous opportunities that exist elsewhere. It is a very blinkered and negative view to take.