View Single Post
Old 22-06-2017, 13:41   #13
007stuart
cf.addict

Services: TIVO V6 Meg Service TV XL Virgin Phone Home & Mobile My wife says I have too many SONOS units
007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Members Beware - Parking on shopping parks

The problem with private parking companies in England Wales & NI they have legislation that backs their demands and ignoring will result in a CCJ being awarded in their favour. You can ask the shop you used to have the ticket voided or appeal to the Parking Company concerned. Moneysaving Expert has countless pages on its forum and by following the guidelines provided therein you should be able to successfully appeal against the ticket.

The position in Scotland is slightly different as the legislation (Protection of Freedoms Act "pofa") is not applicable north of the border. The pofa requires the registered keeper to disclose details of the driver who was in control of the vehicle at the time of the infringement. If non disclosure takes place then liability rests with the registered keeper.

With pofa not applying in Scotland there is no requirement to respond to the request and accordingly the Parking Company has no means of identifying the driver and cannot therefore pursue an action against the driver. The best advice for those living in Scotland I have read is under no circumstances respond to requests from these companies either in writing or verbally.

There was a recent report in the press about a company winning a "landslide" victory in Scotland however the person involved rather than ignoring decided to fight and lost big time!
007stuart is offline   Reply With Quote