View Single Post
Old 17-01-2017, 13:26   #3815
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Good list. I'm pleased that Therese May has finally clarified most of the UK's positions.
It was interesting to see her repeating the threat that Philip Hammond had made to try and turn the UK into a tax haven if the EU's position didn't meet her expectations and this was picked up by the journalist from El Pais who asked her if it was Britain's weapon in negotiations. I'm not sure of the benefit of her mentioning this; is she trying to sound strong?
It's a warning shot across the bows of the EU supertanker. A little bit of gunboat diplomacy.