View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 12:08   #12
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: All hub3 users affected by confirmed latency issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexz View Post
Well it clearly is Virgin's fault then for brushing that issue under the carpet. If the problem was apparent and they knew about it then it comes down to Virgin.

If I own a fleet of vans and have purchased them knowing a horrifying issue with say vibration travelling at a speed and proceed to lease them out, who's fault is it? I couldn't just shrug and say it's not my fault, it's the manufacturers. I would end up losing business. I understand business decisions and sure they might have needed to these modems to progress further with their network upgrades, but you can't just wash your hand of problems that were in fact your own doing...
Would you delay the introduction of the vans knowing that the vibration would irritate one group of users, but also knowing that (say) changes made in the engine would allow greater speed for most users? Would you delay the introduction introduction knowing that delaying it would also delay upgrades done elsewhere that benefit other users (how would it look if Virgin did an upgrade that caused further problems in this chipset?). Assuming they were aware of the problem, Virgin would have analysed the situation, and would have worked out whether the benefits of the new box outwieghed the costs (the problems caused by the chipset software being one).

Do I think Virgin is responsible for the problems with the chipset software?No. Do I think they are responsible for ensuring any fix is properly tested and distributed to their users? Yes.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote