View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 11:54   #12979
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

After witnessing my eldest son being totally miserable in his new job, yes I know he only started last Monday but without going into to much detail his Dad and I advised him to hand in his notice if he was truly miserable and he was.

Anyway he handed in his notice yesterday and as he was on his probation period they said that they were sorry to see him going but they let him leave yesterday and wished him all the best which was nice of them.

Anyway long story short he has a interview on Wednesday that is more closer to home the only thing is that it is a 24 month contract and tbh I don't care, the only thing I care about is his happiness and he was not happy where he was due to many reasons and he now needs to learn from this and move on.

If I'm honest I did foresee this happening long before he started this job but he needed to experience this for himself although I did try and advice at the time of him accepting it.

Why is this my happy thought because I have my boy back and now he knows to think long and hard before both applying and accepting any future job offer, as his Dad and I have said maybe a job is great money but that great money means nothing if your miserable son and it's all about work life and balance and you cannot let one take over the other even for a second.

All I'm saying he went to his bed last Sunday evening full of hope, Monday morning he was full of excitement for his new job, Tuesday sat in on a case which made him physically sick, Wednesday the light and passion for the job had went out, Thursday a shell of the man he was on the Monday, Friday handed in his notice after speaking to us.

Today we have our son back I only hope he gets this job on Wednesday and it makes him truly happy, yes it is less money plus a contract instead of a full time position but it's only 10 minutes away so he won't be traveling 4 hours a day to get to and from work so on paper yes it's less money but not by much once you add up the yearly traveling costs of £3400.

I'm happy because our son had the wisdom to know this job was not for him and the guts it took to not only speak to us about it but the courage to hand in his notice after such a short period of time.

Last edited by weenie; 05-05-2018 at 12:21.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote