Thread: Amazon The Grand Tour
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 10:01   #22
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: The Grand Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Anyone a bit underwhelmed? It's enjoyable and I'll continue watching as long as it lasts but I'd rate their episodes of top gear over this. Putting TGT in the middle between their Top Gear and the new Top Gear.

Maybe it'll just take time to adjust. The celebrity segment does nothing for me and the hot lapper really gets on my.... It's lacking that someone that never spoke to give it the old effect. Seriously. They could've hired a talking Ben Collins and I'd be far happier.
Towards the end the old Top Gear was dropping off as well. It was always a bit repetitive and adhered to a formula and the best episodes were the specials. I am not sure The Grand Tour was any different but people notice more as their expectations - what with this getting far more attention - were higher.

I've also heard the theory that having a higher budget hurt them as the creativity involved in getting around budget/legal constraints from the BBC was higher than the creativity involved in being able to do what they want.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote