Thread: Which iPad?
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 10:45   #5
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Which iPad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
It's to force you to buy the next model. They deliberately bloat the applications over time to use up the memory. That's the penalty of buying an Apple product.
I think you must be right. Not having any form of expansion options does almost seem Luddite given Apple pride themselves on their state of the art technology.

He's not going to be doing all sorts of complicated stuff on this device but will want mainly to access the various communications apps we purchase and doing stuff like viewing YouTube videos. There won't be 1000s of images or songs to store either. He can do that on a cheap effective Android tablet I suppose and that makes more sense when we're out and about because if it gets lost, stolen or dropped it not so much of a big deal.

One other thing, will he need to use something like itunes if he's not bothered with music etc. and presumably any apps we purchase will be backed up via the app store as it is on Android's Google play store? I still don't know whether we'd need to oeprate the ipad via an email account of some sort so could someone clarify please?

Cheers all.

Last edited by Osem; 10-09-2017 at 10:51.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote