Thread: General Olympics - Brazil 2016
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 03:27   #17
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Olympics - Brazil 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
The leg break wasn't nice and the beeb won't show it. It's on YouTube of course if you choose to look; if you're undecided, it is a nasty floppy-leg type injury.

The women's cycling is currently on with Lizzie Armitstead (who missed 3 dope tests for various reasons); what do people think about her participation?
I still think what I said earlier. The testing bodies caught up with Designer PEDs and those that have spent years doping up are showing vast cracks. Sure people get caught all the time but honestly there's been some pretty high tech stuff going on to avoid detection. Again, Armstrong was the tip of a huge iceberg.

In this case it screams of someone that fears the masking agents for PEDs are being caught out, which they are. So missed tests would indicate someone coming off a cycle and not being able to mask it like they have previously.

Until the next high tech advancement that allows the next generation of cheaters to avoid detection.

A bigger issue is the fact these athletes hardly just go around fancying a doping cycle, other people actively encourage it. Trainers and so forth and in bigger cases as we've seen with Russia and state sponsored abuse.

In times like this it'd be daft to assume any country is full of clean competitors.

To answer the question, why should we mind her competing? Be reasonable and play the odds, if she was doping then its odds on she wasn't the only one in that race juiced up.

We don't know what records and achievements are real anymore, personally I had no idea PEDs had reached a point of being undetectable, thus coining the phrase Designer PEDs, so anyone in the past 20 years could've cheated and we'd be none the wiser.

Their supporters and their sport are the true casualties though. Oh and those that actually compete legitimately.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 08-08-2016 at 03:31.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote