Thread: Racing (Car) 2016 Formula 1 Season Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 08:01   #94
j52c
Inactive

j52c has a brilliant futurej52c has a brilliant futurej52c has a brilliant futurej52c has a brilliant futurej52c has a brilliant futurej52c has a brilliant futurej52c has a brilliant futurej52c has a brilliant futurej52c has a brilliant futurej52c has a brilliant futurej52c has a brilliant futurej52c has a brilliant future
Re: 2016 Formula 1 Season Thread

It was obvious that Mercedese slowed Lewis down. Although Lewis was catching Nico while Nico was overtaking back markers, Lewis was doing a better job at and would have caught Nico, after all he had cut the lead to about 7 seconds, no doubt about it at all. The only way they could stop Lewis catching and possibly passing Nico was to slow Lewis down, they could afford to do that and still get a 1 - because Kimi was quite a way back.

Once the lead went back to 13 seconds they had to let Lewis pick his speed up because Kimi had begun to catch him.

I heard the race on Radio 5 Live, and there was an interesting comment from Toto, he told the Radio 5 Live reporter that near the end Nico had got a power problem, however, when I watche dthe interview on Channel 4 Highlites Nico said that near the end he was able to push faster and keep getting faster laps and never mentioned any problem, so make your own minds up.

There is more to this than meets the eye.
j52c is offline   Reply With Quote