Thread: 'Hot spot'
View Single Post
Old 24-08-2005, 12:03   #5
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura
Re: 'Hot spot'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris W
You will need a router- see the article here for a list of router recommendations.
The wgr 614 wireless router is what I am using, it's not bad at all. ....but I think you can now get more advanced ones..........I recently saw a netgear that has an internal areal (?sp) and automatically adjusts signal strength in the direction that the wireless card is that it's connected to

Here it is! It looks like the mutts nuts (as they say)
Quote:
RangeMax is an advanced Smart MIMO (Multi-In, Multi-Out) technology that uses seven internal antennas. RangeMax constantly surveys your home environment for physical barriers and interference and adjusts the wireless signal to compensate for these performance blockers. For example, if you carry your laptop from the family room to the bedroom, RangeMax automatically senses the change and selects from over 100 possible antenna configurations to deliver you the fastest, clearest connection! Everyone will enjoy consistently high-speed connections, everywhere in your home or business - no drop-outs, and no dead spots.