View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 12:53   #1
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
PC won’t load programs or shut down.

Win 10 with latest update version.

No major problems at all until today. Shut down perfectly last night.

Appears to boot normally, desktop and all icons display correctly but if I try to open any program, browser, mail etc they stall on loading, trying to open Task Manager fails totally and times out after a couple of minutes.

Left click on start button has no effect at all. Right click on start button brings up the extended menu and I can then select Shut Down from that.

It eventually switches the screen off but the PC light itself stays on. Left it for over 30 minutes and eventually had to hold the power button in to switch it off completely.

No prior warnings off any problems before today.

Any helpful suggestions greatly appreciated.

Jim.

NB Just tried to start in Safe Mode but using the Shift>Power>Restart is just restarting in normal mode.

---------- Post added at 11:53 ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 ----------

I was going to delete this thread but will leave it in case it helps anyone else.

I eventually traced the problem to an update to Trend Micro that had stalled and locked up the system.

I was able to use the Trend Micro toolkit to remove the dodgy update and after a reboot it now seems to have updated correctly and all seems well ATM.

Last edited by iadom; 01-11-2017 at 13:11.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote