View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 20:36   #56
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Depends if they end up releasing a RTM as 32-bit for 'desktop' Windows though
If they weren't intending to release a 32-bit edition why on earth would they waste the money (nearly doubling development costs) to release a 32-bit preview?

Quote:
I thought I read that the plan is that core OS is for everywhere i.e. phones / Smart TVs etc,
That's what Windows RT and Windows Phone are for...

Quote:
so not all of those are or will be 64-bit
By the time it comes out, they probably will.

Quote:
So they'll need to do some work on a 32-bit version Plus wouldn't a 32-bit technical preview make it easier to run in Virtual machines etc for testing?
Not really, a 32-bit tech preview is as useful as a Windows 98 tech preview given the whole point is for developers to develop and test their products on it, and that isn't going to work when said products are made for an entirely different architecture...
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote