View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 12:56   #47
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Yeah, I do get that. I suppose what I was thinking was that as the 8.1 Update is available to anyone on 8.0, and you can't even get 8.0 now if you either buy a new PC or Windows itself, then there should have been a cut off for the complaints. But then I suppose it's the same as with Vista. In the end it wasn't as bad an OS as was made out - once the computers caught up and some tweaks were made. But the initial reputation never went away.
Of course Windows 8 isn't as bad as the more fierce critics say, however it wasn't enough of an upgrade over 7 to justify the move.

My biggest gripe was forcing users who wanted to try the new Windows Store apps into the Metro interface. As a desktop PC user, I want to keep my taskbar in play, and not have to switch back and forth between interfaces when Alt-Tab or clicking the next program icon at the bottom of my screen worked just fine. Multitasking effectively went backwards in Windows 8 and outside of tablet users, I do not see any benefits to that approach.

Windows 10 looks to fix these issues, and thus bring the Windows Store to more people once it is part of the normal Windows desktop experience.
Stop It is offline   Reply With Quote