View Single Post
Old 25-08-2016, 09:38   #13
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: The farcical charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
http://www.itv.com/news/2016-07-30/c...ags-this-year/
1) wht about the companies that make plastic bags. What about the staff. Have they had to lay off staff due to this.
What about the environmental impact of six billion extra bags? Recycling them helps, but it's not a magic bullet.
Quote:
2) Many shops are making the 5p charge a farcical one. No matter hw small the bag is. You still get charged 5p.
How so? It's working well near where I live, and where I work. The small shops are giving out bags for free, and the chains aren't.
Quote:
There is only two snags over this ludicrous charge. And obsession on making money for the Government.
Money that can be spent on, ohh, hospitals, schools etc. Despite what you say, the government making money is not necessarily a bad thing, and they have one major source of income. The tax payer. Like it or not, a large percentage of the government's income comes from individual people like you and me paying our taxes. Yes, corporations should pay more tax than they do, but that's not going to diminish the percentage of tax paid by the individual much.
Quote:
I have seen customers at my local Tesco/ Asda walking out of shops with the shopping in the hands. And even baskets with tags on, to stop people taking them.
Carrying shopping out in your hands is not necessarily a bad thing. If you can carry it in your hands, why do you need a bag, plastic or otherwise?

Baskets only cost the supermarket a few pounds, but theft is theft, and if someone nicks a basket, that means that possibly quite a few people will not have a basket with which to do their shopping for a few days.
Quote:
3) If l buy 60/70 quid's worth of goods in a store - why should l have to pay 5p for a bag to put them in.

Totally ridiculous
If you spend £60 or £70 worth of goods in a store, you can re-use old bags (as the law is designed to encourage), or the extra 20 or 30 p for bags isn't going to make much difference.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote