View Single Post
Old 22-10-2017, 12:54   #125
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Catalonia Independence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I do not agree with Spain's approach.

The Catalonia Referendum on Independence, wasn't classified as illegal right up until the eve of the vote. Why allow such a process to build up so much momentum, people campaigning etc, mass rallies of people in the street?

Spain panicked and thought, "crap, we cannot lose one of our key financial support areas", I wouldn't put it past the EU to lean on Spain to go in heavy handed, the EU's lack of empathy towards old people being dragged and pushed to the ground by Spain's Militia, which by the way breached a key clause of membership of the EU of basic human rights violations, it was totally disgusting and you still love and want to be associated with these EU pissants.
Just because I feel that remaining in the EU is the least worse option for the UK in terms of funding public services, the economy and the country's global influence doesn't mean I love the Spanish police force. They've handled the situation very badly and I think politicians in Spain all need to sit round a table and sort it out.
As I asked before, "Do you believe it is undemocratic to obey an unconstitutional referendum?"
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote