View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 23:24   #45
Pbryanw
cf.addict

Services: Plusnet Fibre Broadband, Phone & TV
Pbryanw is just really nicePbryanw is just really nicePbryanw is just really nicePbryanw is just really nicePbryanw is just really nicePbryanw is just really nice
Re: What is hitting football viewing figures the most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I do enjoy going to see my local team with my Dad.
Forget professional football. My most vivid and fond memory was when our local team played at Ibrox stadium in 1984. 4 generations of my family at the game plus about 3/4 of the town! Amazing day that still gets spoken of fondly today in the local pubs.
[/URL]
I have a similar story. When I was a teenager, my Grandad used to take me to watch my local team (Grimsby Town) when they were in the old first division. There was the one trip to Wembley to watch them win the Auto Windscreens Trophy final.

I don't think I'd go now by myself, as I used to go with my Grandad and it was a way of spending time in his company, and a bonding experience between us.

However, I don't think any TV Football experience will surpass those memories of watching Clive Mendonca, Paul Groves, John Mcdermott (all club legends now) et al. from the Pontoon Stand. So, if you can go with a relative or someone to support your local team, I definitely recommend it too.
Pbryanw is offline   Reply With Quote