View Single Post
Old 02-05-2017, 20:46   #37
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: What is hitting football viewing figures the most?

Just thought I'd revisit this thread after a change in my own viewing habits recently. One of the options I gave in the original poll was "Milleniums following the games on social media" which was only selected twice.

I don't have SKY Sports or BT Sport due to family and work commitments. I rarely have the chance to watch a live game at weekends so a subscription to either or both is almost pointless for me.

At the weekend Rangers played Celtic. I was home watching my son whilst my wife worked. I listened to the game on the radio in the background as we played. As the goals started to pour in I searched social media to see if I catch videos of the action. To my delight I found beIN Sport Australia were Tweeting out short videos, lasting between 30 seconds to 50 second, as key events played out during the game. All the goals, near misses, meaty challenges etc... In total they Tweeted 17 videos from the game as it happened. All in excellent picture quality and totally legal. It appears they do this whenever they are showing a game live. They did it the other night posting 23 videos during Roma vs. Lazio and they're doing it again tonight during the Real Madrid game.

I can see why sport coverage is getting more popular on Social Media. I found the combination of listening to the Old Firm game on radio, with regular video clips of the action on Twitter pretty decent. There wasn't a big delay between goals and videos of the goals being Tweeted by beIn Sport, roughly a minute.

This won't be for everyone but to a certain extent it fits in with my circumstances. More than happy to give it another go in future.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote