View Single Post
Old 22-05-2013, 13:35   #57
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
re: The Xbox One Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Neither Microsoft or Sony have announced any block on pre-owned games.
As long as you pay Microsoft for them.

"I can come to your house and I can put the disc into your machine and I can sign in as me and we can play the game. The bits are on your hard drive. At the end of the play session, when I take my disc home - or even if I leave it with you - if you want to continue to play that game [on your profile] then you have to pay for it. The bits are already on your hard drive, so it's just a question of going to our store and buying the game, and then it's instantly available to play." - Phil Harrison

This is where Sony have been very crafty. They were very vague about DRM, or "digital permissions" as Microsoft refer to it. I expect they will probably implement the same type of system but for now only MS have shown their hand, tinfoil helmets at the ready. This nothing new of course as it's part and parcel of digital distribution in the PC gaming world but it's going to anger and marginalise a lot of core, console gamers.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote