View Single Post
Old 27-06-2017, 18:22   #1687
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
You do realise using a vpn is perfectly legal right?
Also watching tv from other regions including different netflix or amazon instant video regions is not illegal.
Torrents are a different matter they are not illegal however downloading copyright material is illegal which makes torrents a minefield they aren't illegal as there is plenty of perfectly legal content and software that use torrents.
Streaming also is not illegal it's a grey area but not illegal
I am sure you believe that, theone, but the fact is, when you are watching stuff on the US version of Netflix, for example, you have access to programmes that are not available on that platform in the UK. That means that by watching that programme, you are infringing copyright.

For example, if a programme in the UK is available on Sky, and you watch it on Netflix US, you are denying Sky the revenue they should be getting from you. The position is complicated, and the reasons for different charges in different countries is caused by a range of considerations, including the cost of broadcasting in different countries.

I think people have been misled into thinking that there is nothing unlawful about accessing material they are not meant to be watching because great play has been given to the fact that they are prosecuting the operators of pirate sites, the sellers of fully loaded Kodi boxes, etc rather than those viewing the material.

However, when the technology permits more easily the ability to track down those watching material on sites they should not be accessing, it would be strange indeed if those doing so were not finally brought to book.

Make the most of it while you can may be your motto, but these chickens may finally come home to roost.

Basically, watching material you are not supposed to look at in this way is just as unlawful as watching without a tv licence. The fact that they are not going after you right now doesn't mean it's lawful and it doesn't mean that they won't catch up with you with a big fat bill eventually.

With that in mind, my interest in Kodi and vpns is now exhausted, and I'm out, as they say.