View Single Post
Old 27-06-2017, 16:08   #1685
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Yes, I see that, but personally, I don't want to go there.

I can't help thinking that there will be consequences one day. At the moment, with vpns, people have a sense of security, but ultimately, I believe a way will be found (if it hasn't already) to track what you are doing, and all these past gateway busting methods will leave a permanent digital footprint.

I prefer to sleep at night!
You do realise using a vpn is perfectly legal right?
Also watching tv from other regions including different netflix or amazon instant video regions is not illegal.
Torrents are a different matter they are not illegal however downloading copyright material is illegal which makes torrents a minefield they aren't illegal as there is plenty of perfectly legal content and software that use torrents.
Streaming also is not illegal it's a grey area but not illegal.

---------- Post added at 16:07 ---------- Previous post was at 16:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
With the content, I'm not 100%, but could it be something to do with how shows are licensed in the UK? Some shows may be tied to an individual broadcaster before it is allowed on Neftlix. Just a guess...
No you're spot on there mate but Netflix and others seem to think charging the UK more than other regions is fine where they should try to bring the pricing equal in all regions.
WWE Network is another one guilty of charging the uk far more than other regions £9.99 in uk $9.99 in usa which works out about £8.50 but at the time when wwe launched it's network in uk $9.99 was only around £6.70.

---------- Post added at 16:08 ---------- Previous post was at 16:07 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Good move, only interested in the cricket. Shouldn't have to pay for Premiership football boredom.
From what i've seen on Dspy cricket will be on fta tv from 2020.