View Single Post
Old 26-05-2017, 22:49   #2
MUD_Wizard
Inactive

MUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virhin Media laying fibre in established VM areas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
Today whilst delivering political leaflets in South Coventry I noticed two locations in which Virgin were laying new optic fibre along two well-established streets. I asked the contractors if they were laying coax or fibre. "Fibre", they said. The fibre is being laid in shallow pavement trenches with access hatches shared between two houses looking a little different than those currently employed for coax on the old NTL network.

Is this typical where VM decide to lay cable for existing streets as part of a network extension? I am assuming that each house with the new fibre will be offered fibre to the premises.
Narrow trenching is typical for a percentage of the Project Lightning builds:
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php...broadband.html

It's still RFoG Docsis over fibre, so don't get too excited. Terminated into coax at each end. Still sharing the same channels as always. Nothing like GEA FTTP.

Last edited by MUD_Wizard; 26-05-2017 at 22:53.
MUD_Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote