View Single Post
Old 14-03-2017, 11:36   #6
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: New boiler - networked control installation

Our current thermostat is radio linked to the boiler. I can set different time patterns for each day and it has a holiday mode where it keeps the house at a set temp for number of days. This is (was) a "standard" BG model installed with the boiler before we moved in over 11 years ago.

Seems all some of these more complex systems add is ability to change things without getting out of your chair (or remotely if you want to risk that). How much benefit for that outlay? If you have an efficient condensing combi boiler you'd need to be turning off your heating remotely a lot to pay it all back.