View Single Post
Old 22-09-2015, 14:07   #6
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: VW accused of 'rigging' emissions tests

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
I would think they're all at it. Much easier to apply a techno cheat than to actually clean up an intrinsically mucky diesel. Looks like it'll cost VW dear in the states.

Just the same as the totally fictitious MPG figures that most claim. It's all a con as Which demonstrated.
I think the problem there is that many drivers don't understand that the official figures obtained under controlled conditions are only really there to allow comparative judgements to be made and determine such things as VED bands. It's impossible to provide an accurate figure for any car because so much depends on factors which are beyond the manufacturer's control e.g. weight of right foot...

I do think it ought to be made crystal clear to people that what they can realistically hope to achieve in real world conditions will be within a certain lower-upper range depending on individual circumstances, usage patterns, driving styles etc. Having said that, there'd still be those who refuse to read the effing manual just as there'll always be those who buy Renaults...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote