View Single Post
Old 16-12-2016, 16:06   #31
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Digital Spy may be closed or downsized.

If all goes to plan, yes.

It had been said that the old vBulletin software was so corrupted and old (2007?) that they would have to start from scratch, but the people implementing the new software are the same people who wrote the old software.

They've obviously found a way to transfer all the data across. I was told the name of the new software, but I'm afraid I can't remember it!

They are to introduce 'Jail Time', where instead of short term bans, people can still post but not create threads.

I think a similar scheme of points is to be used in a similar way to Cableforum.

Also, a system of 'likes' in a similar way to Facebook is to be introduced. I know this could be viewed as pandering to the millennials, but sometimes people just want to agree with a post and not necessarily comment.

Some people were doing '+1' as posts, so some years ago a minimum character requirement was introduced.

+1 is regarded as bad etiquette on here, but I don't think it's disallowed.

I hope that DS will be reintroducing training to their moderators, as I think that this has what has led to the overreaction and inconsistencies that have led to say many members leaving the site out of choice or otherwise.

Hopefully we will see an end to people being pulled up for calling a strike breaker a 'Blackleg' as it's deemed to be 'racist', asking what an abbreviation means or being offensive about the queen

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 16-12-2016 at 16:33.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote