View Single Post
Old 27-01-2009, 18:41   #37
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Formula 1 2009 Season

Don't know how accurate it is, but the member D.M.N. at Digital Spy has summarised what we can expect from the BBC coverage..

From: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/s...d.php?t=965927

Quote:
Since that day, we've learnt a lot about what this year's BBC F1 coverage will provide. Below are some key points (some officially confirmed, some not officially confirmed), just in case you don't wish to read through the 400+ pages of the previous thread!:

*Jake Humphrey will be presenting the show on location with David Coulthard and Eddie Jordan as pundits. Lee McKensie and Ted Kravitz will be pitlane reporters, with Martin Brundle and Jonathan Legard as commentators.
*All live race and qualifying sessions will be on BBC One.
*Four streams are expected on the Red Button for every session: 1) World Feed; 2) Onboard; 3) Data; 4) Highlights.
*There will be an option to change commentators via the Red Button from for instance TV commentary to Radio commentary.
*Rolling race repeat re-runs on the Red Button every two hours after the live broadcast.
*Practice will be live on the Red Button. Unknown yet about support races (GP2, Porsche Supercup), although Red Button coverage is expected.
*Coverage will be streamed online - races will be put on iPlayer shortly after the completed duration.
*Only downside is that there is no HD coverage.
*This is an almost certainty to be the theme. It'd be suicidal if it wasn't.
*There maybe a BBC Three preview show at 19:00 on Thursdays
Now, where he says "This is an almost certainty to be the theme", I suspect he means Fleetwood Mac's "The Chain" (the original BBC F1 theme was part of the bassline to this song). Unfortunately, I can't check this, as youtube have deleted the video he linked to, and the PC I am on has no sound.

I particularly like the sound of the red-button multi stream option.