View Single Post
Old 29-10-2018, 11:39   #5815
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Thanks for that, much clearer photos. Skycross surface antennae.

In my situation the 2.4Ghz antennae are facing a brick wall a foot away. Not good. I'd need to try rotating the case 180 degs and have the cabling facing me. Ugly.

---------- Post added at 10:21 ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 ----------

Incidentally that board is quite mucky!
You're welcome. I've made a block diagram from my teardown.

Anyway, on WiFi, you're faced with the dilemma of home aesthetics and practicality. I would always go for practicality, though that might (in my case does) include measures such as Powerline adapters in the house. I was pleasantly surprised to find that with 4 adapters in the house, three downstairs and one upstairs, I nevertheless got 75 Mbps on the upstairs one in the same room 5GHz (circuit is 200 Mbps).

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote