View Single Post
Old 06-03-2016, 17:15   #12
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Ghostbusters (2016) Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I'm already put off by the stereotypes: the smart "bookish" one, the jolly "fat" one, the spiky haired "ballsy" one and the black "uh uh, you ain't messing with me" one.
Because, of course, the original didn't have stereotypical characters. The film was both exciting and funny partly (IMO) because the characters were stereotypes.

I like how people already seem to be convinced they know if the film is going to good or not based on the minute or so of footage they have seen. Personally, I don't find trailers to be a good indicator of how good a film is.. I thought the trailers for the original Ghostbusters and Star Trek: The Wrath Of Kahn made both films look awful, but loved both films (and have bought both in multiple formats). I thought the trailer for Indecent Proposal (the 1993 film in which Robert Redford pays Demi Moore millions to spend the night with him), and the trailer for Skyline looked brilliant. In both cases, I hate the film.

I'll reserve my judgement until I have seen the film, but the trailer (IMO) makes it look fairly good.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote