View Single Post
Old 22-08-2009, 21:08   #2
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050
Re: Another Sky+ problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Last week when she turned on the TV, my mum in law's Sky+ box came up with an error message telling her that the viewing card needed to be inserted. We tried turning the box of and on which didn't work and then removed and reinserted the card which did the trick. All's been since until last night when, in the middle of watching TV, the picture froze. She tried repeating what we did last time but can't get any picture on the TV at all even though the front panel lights on the Sky+ box are on and apparently showing normal. She's going to try to find the paperwork and see how long she's had the box but it may be over a year now in which case the warranty will probably be expired and she'll be in for a costly Sky 'fix'. Anyone got any thoughts as to what might be wrong? She hasn't yet received her new viewing card so could that have something to do with this? I've never dealt with Sky but apparently the guy who installed the box suggested that were it to go wrong at some point she'd be better off getting him to fix it than calling Sky - would this be advisable?

Thanks all!
Could be dust in the card reader. I take it you haev had your new white, sky card?

At the same time, You can pick up a sky plus box for veyr little on ebay.
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote