View Single Post
Old 23-05-2010, 20:13   #198
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak View Post
Thomas, I've been dying to ask but was scared of causing offence, now i've got a drink down me...if you are blind how do you manage on a forum? the braille sig threw me when i first joined i didnt know if theres a monitor that shows it you in braille , forgive my ignorance
Actually, sounds like Dilli feels the same as my sister. She had major surgery on her spine in 1994, and as a result was wheelchair bound for a long time (a couple of years IIRC). She was actually uncomfortable when people tried to work out what was wrong with her (I think it was mainly the amount of staring and whispering they seemed to do while trying to work it out) and preferred that people ask her directly. Kids were apparently best at this, as they don't have the same ideas of tact adults have, so will not feel uncomfortable about asking.

My happy thought? A few this week.

First, and most importantly, a friend of mine gave birth at 5 to 3 Thursday Morning. Mother and Baby are apparently doing excellently, although the Mother was knackered. Hopefully I'll go to see them soon, when things have settled a little bit (they made the mistake of moving house while she was in the final trimester of pregnancy, so are apparently still sorting things out).

Second, I had a damn good barbeque to go to yesterday (which is why I couldn't attend the meet, they organised it to celebrate my Birthday next week).

Third, I've just managed to get MediaCoder to access my GFX card properly (it can use Nvidia's CUDA technology to encode using the GFX card). As a result, I am able to watch Speed on Blu-Ray and encode video at two point fives times normal playback speed while only using around 75-85 percent of CPU time.

Edit: Just been looking at a few things, and I think the reason MC is limited to 2.5x speed is simply that it's reading video from my NAS which is on a 100 meg network..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote