View Single Post
Old 21-01-2005, 11:47   #5
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Ntl//d-link Di-524//os X 10.3.7 - Help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCableGuy
OK, this is probably really simple but i'm at a loss.

I have two Macs, an iBook and a G3 iMac and NTL 750k broadband via a Cable Modem.
I purchased a D-Link DI-524 4 port 802.11g wireless router (this is a US model) and decided to network the two together.

Trying to set up the router i discovered i cannot access the configuration screen.

I previously used a Linksys router that i used to share my old broadband connection so i tried that one, but i can't access the config menu on that either.

Seeing as i haven't changed any of the Network settings apart from installing the NTL connection via the setup CD i really can't work this out.

I've tried changing the IP addresses and Subnets of the computers to fit in with the router, but nothing seems to work.

I can connect to NTL fine via the modem, and the WAN light on the router is on when connected, i just can't get into the config menu to do anything about it...

D-Link support can't work it out and i can't find any useful info on either Apple's site or NTL's.

Any advice or ideas will be greatly received!

I have a couple of questions:

Is the router connected, via Ethernet to the cable modem?

Are you conneciting to the router via a wired or wireless connection?

If connecting via a wireless connection, do you have good reception? There should be an indicator that looks like the highlighted icon on this:

Are you allowing the router's DHCP server to assign IPs? By default it does assign IPs from 192.168.0.2 onwards. If it is assigning IPs, make sure your Mac is set to pick up the IP address (& DNS Servers) automatically.

I found that with my Dlink router, it worked pretty much out of the box, but I did have to plug a computer into it, and configure the wireless network before I could get that working (I think it's turned off by default).
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote