View Single Post
Old 26-06-2017, 22:10   #2007
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
Re: Unstoppable migration?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
We have had net immigration of around 350,000 for well over a decade and yet we're still being told the jobs these people were supposedly coming to the UK to do are vacant. How is that? I reckon it's because most of the people coming here aren't doing the jobs we really need them to do they're doing the jobs they want to do. We are being told they're keeping the NHS afloat when there's a total of about 10% (IIRC) of migrants in the NHS and yet we're still seeing well over 350,000 extra migrants every year. They're clearly not all going into the NHS are they.

No the figure isn't all immigration but the bulk of it is and the you can add on top the higher birthrates prevalent amongst migrants which also add to our huge population growth.

You can build as many homes as you like but at what point are we going to say enough is enough? Homes need roads, services etc. where are they going to come from. We cannot build our way out of the housing problem unless we can control population growth at a manageable level. We're talking about having to build the equivalent of 2 cities the size of Oxford every year just to keep pace with net migration. Where do you suggest all these houses are built and how are they going to be serviced?
Whatever way you want to look at it we cannot pretend there is a solution without investment. Even with no immigration we will have net population growth.

I suggest a combination of managing population growth and investment.

Management can be achieved by applying quotas to immigration, as well as limiting the amount of social security payments to large families to discourage constant breeding.

However we need some form of growth, and growth is natural anyway, so we have to also invest more in infrastructure so yes that means.

Housing
Roads
Schools
Hospitals
Police
Social Security
Other forms of public servers etc.

This is funded by growing GDP, and not irresponsibly cutting taxes just to keep a wealthy few happy, we probably should be increasing taxes right now not decreasing.

The barrier to this is the amount of people in the UK (probably a majority) who think society is not important and everyone should just look after themselves. As a result people dont like paying taxes.

The stuff I listed, was happening routinely throughout the 50s,60s and 70s before we had a shift of thinking from the 80s onwards.

The only way we could consider what we doing now as reasonable is to start killing people to avoid the growth.

Also 10% of NHS staff is not some insignificant number, thats a lot of people, also I expect they congregated in certain parts of the country e.g. I think well over 10% of NHS staffing in Leicester is manned by immigrants or immigrant parent families. Nearly every pharmacist is owned by asians in Leicester as well, may well be british born asians but at some point in their family tree probably migrated to here from India or Pakistan.

Nearly all my delivery drivers from tesco are not white british, pretty much every taxi driver is not white british, my postman is a muslim, these people arent just benefit unemployed scroungers, many do contribute to the country. So alot of the blame is from governments not investing in infrastructure to handle the growth.

Been blunt I would say infrastructure is far more important than government debt, even if we went bankrupt I would say it has to be done. The current thinking is very short termist.

Also there is money been spent but very badly.

Think how many homes the HS2 costs would pay for.

To this day ignition is probably the only high earner I have seen admit on a forum he would accept paying more taxes. Just about everyone else who has the means see's it as theft.

Last edited by Chrysalis; 26-06-2017 at 22:26.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote