View Single Post
Old 17-11-2017, 16:48   #133
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: ITV threaten to blackout on Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
How bizarre....

So ITV pay SKY for carriage of their channels.
ITV want VM to pay them for broadcasting their channels.

How does that work out? I cant get my head around that? That sounds incredibly, incredibly unfair...I know one is satellite and one is cable but I still cant get my head around how its a night and day difference in terms of paying or getting money....
The reason you cannot get your head round that situation, is because it is blatantly unfair.

Satellite and Cable both perform identical services - I.e. They both supply pay channels and freak to air channels. Why anyone could say otherwise is incredibly ridiculous.

Personally, I don't care as long as I am not forced to pay for ITV through virgin.

As I have said before, make ITV set up the mechanisms to charge for their own channel if they want to charge, make them pay to advertise the channel to attract subscribers, charge them carriage fees (similar to what they pay sky)

If they don't like it tough - but do not agree to pay them and up my subs against my will.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote