View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 11:50   #1
gine26
Inactive

gine26 is an unknown quantity at this point
VPN Virgin Media

Hi All,
Its my first post. after watching Snowden, i'm a bit paranoid about web security.

i have VM 200MB broadband with the SH3 in modem mode.
that feeds my asus RT-N56U running padavan software.
i then feed into a second router which uses express VPN software on a L2TP software, and then that feeds a switch to feed a panel for internet around the house.
i run a wifi on non vpn software for mobiles, and also a wifi with vpn software.
cctv has to go on the non-vpn router, otherwise i am unable to access remotely.

question i have is....
VM V6 box will not connect to virgin servers or "on demand" when connected on the VPN network. the old tivo does. is there anything i should do to get this to work, or is it best to move to the non-vpn network?

i run apple tv, amazon box - along with pcs via the vpn software - sometimes i get the "amazon service area restriction 4601" code - even though i am on a UK server watching UK amazon - i assume this is because the IP address leaving that server is a blocked one on amazons records?

i'm a novice when it comes to computers, but have managed to get the above working - a bit.

speed via the VPN is reduced from 220mb down to 70mb, but its still plenty to stream from apple and amazon. Had to cancel netflix as they blocks all express vpn ip addresses.

does anyone have any tips on improving the above, or changes to make?

thanks in advance.
gine26 is offline   Reply With Quote