Thread: General Sky Sports Rights
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 20:52   #2
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
Re: Sky Sports Rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
What Sports does Sky currently have the rights to that won't be covered by a Specific Sport channel ie Sky Football ?

Off the top of my head I can think of

Rugby League
WWE (If you can even call that a Sport)
NFL
Tennis (not sure which events)

I'm sure people can think of many more , my train of thought is are these the Sports Sky is more willing to lose rather than getting in a bidding war for ?
I am almost sure Sky have the NFL rights until 2019 they signed a 5 year deal in 2014 when they took the rights to all NFL games, so they they still have a couple of seasons left. I would be very surprised if they gave up the NFL rights after growing the sport so much in the UK over the last 20 or so years. Found what I was looking for;http://www.skysports.com/nfl/news/12...l-with-the-nfl

Last edited by alwaysabear; 05-07-2017 at 21:03.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote