View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 10:57   #44
TheOne
Inactive

TheOne is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Lobster 575 USB Data Cables

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheFox View Post
If you are using Windows XP there is a built in compression tool for MP3's, right click on any MP3 and you get an option of "Convert Audio File", I think it's the 4th in the list, you can now reduce the file and save it seperatly so as to retain the original......Hope this helps, told you to persist with Virgin!
Ive got Windows XP Home Edition and have Windows Media Player 11 and when i right click on any MP3 (in My Documents) i dont get any option in the list saying "Convert Audio File"

Quote:
Originally Posted by craggy
Hi

Finally got the USB cable. I can copy mp3 files onto the lobster in the Audio directory but cant seem to set them as my ringtone. I go through the whole process and it appears to be saving. however, when i get a call it is still the crappy ringtone which comes with the phone.

Any suggestions?

Craig
1. Once you have transfered the MP3's into the Audio folder and disconnected the cable etc.
2. Make sure your phone is out of the silent mode.
3. In the phones menu go to "3.Profile"
4. Select the "Outdoor" option or whichever you prefer from the list and then go down to "Personalise"
5. From the list select "Ringtone" and then select "Download"
6. Select the "Audio" folder and then just choose whichever MP3 you want and then just save it as a ringtone by pressing the top left button

hope that helps
TheOne is offline   Reply With Quote