View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 08:19   #3
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Contaminated blood inquiry to be held

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
This was a terrible thing to be allowed to happen. The poor Haemophiliacs who received clotting factor products in the 70/80's thought that they were being given a lifeline and although it was known that this blood product was contaminated the NHS continued to condone its use for several years before they took steps to only buy in safe versions of the clotting factor. I can remember cases of young children having been diagnosed with HIV and at that time it was a death sentence.

As someone who relies on frequent blood transfusions it scares me to think that the very thing that is keeping me alive may kill me. So to find out that you were infected by tainted blood must have been a terrible thing to face.

I worry every time I receive a transfusion even though I know there are now better safeguards in place and that the blood I receive is donated by very generous and caring British donors and not brought in from abroad.
We hope so but it has been privatised.