View Single Post
Old 13-05-2008, 21:24   #15
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: channel lists for freesat & free sat from sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
This might be a strange question to ask and say, but what is the point of having another Freesat, system come onto the market, as we are overcrowded with this system, we already have, FREEVIEW,via an aerial, VM free channels, via cable, FREESAT, via a dish and Freesat from Sky, so whats the point, if they all give the same channels, and please don't say the price.
I think I answered this in post 11. However if you want Freesat's own take on it, you could read this interview with Emma Scott from Monday's Grauniad. She is Freesat's Managing Director, and previously did a lot of the work to launch Freeview, so if anyone's in a position to know why there is room in the market for another broadcast platform, it's her.

However, to sum up my view concisely, I think the main driver for people buying Freesat boxes is HD. And people are buying them, hand over fist. It's actually quite hard to get one if you go down your high street, they're selling that fast. So you may not understand the point of it, but somebody sure does.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote