View Single Post
Old 15-10-2017, 11:21   #172
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: Virgin Media prices are going up again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pea-Pod View Post
Another long term customer, with a nynex telephone socket still in place to prove it (pre 1999)... I called them with the intention of stripping my bundle back to just broadband only kissing farewell to Sky Sports, TV and phone line rental... they quoted 50MB only would be £33 per month.... yet to have an upgrade to 100MB, basic TV and Phone it would only be £7 extra a month at £40.. but I would have to enter in a new 12 month contract. I want to avoid this because I might be selling the house soon and moving on. I was quite surprised that initially I intended to cancel everything and he was ready to book the appointment to remove the equipment. There didn't seem to be any retention skills there. Like I said I still want to maintain the broadband here, so in the end just cancelled the Sky Sports. If I don't sell the house, I'll be looking for just broadband options. I can live with freeview TV only. As for the landline, it's now just an automated junk call receiver, that I long since pulled the line out of it's socket.
Sounds like he knew you were bluffing, hes doing exactly what he is paid for, to retain you paying the maximum price he could
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote