View Single Post
Old 14-10-2017, 22:34   #171
Pea-Pod
cf.addict

Pea-Pod is on a distinguished roadPea-Pod is on a distinguished road
Re: Virgin Media prices are going up again...

Another long term customer, with a nynex telephone socket still in place to prove it (pre 1999)... I called them with the intention of stripping my bundle back to just broadband only kissing farewell to Sky Sports, TV and phone line rental... they quoted 50MB only would be £33 per month.... yet to have an upgrade to 100MB, basic TV and Phone it would only be £7 extra a month at £40.. but I would have to enter in a new 12 month contract. I want to avoid this because I might be selling the house soon and moving on. I was quite surprised that initially I intended to cancel everything and he was ready to book the appointment to remove the equipment. There didn't seem to be any retention skills there. Like I said I still want to maintain the broadband here, so in the end just cancelled the Sky Sports. If I don't sell the house, I'll be looking for just broadband options. I can live with freeview TV only. As for the landline, it's now just an automated junk call receiver, that I long since pulled the line out of it's socket.
Pea-Pod is offline   Reply With Quote