View Single Post
Old 26-05-2014, 14:24   #1
-Chris
Inactive

-Chris is an unknown quantity at this point
Any Kelly Communications Openreach Contractors Here? Opinions Welcome

I'd be interested to hear thoughts and opinions from current and ex employees.

I found a thread on here (via Google) in relation to Kelly's but I can't seem to find it again and this section looks to have been cleaned out as I only see 5 threads in this entire section. If I am doing something wrong or have a setting turned off please do let me know, as it seems a bit odd for a forum of 89,000 members to have 5 threads in an entire section dedicated to all non-virgin media services.

Anyway, when I read many of the reviews it almost put me off applying for the position. There were so many bad reviews and so many people complaining how bad they had been treated. In the end I applied and I am so glad I did.

I have had nothing but a positive experience with Kelly's so far. The training was amazing, and my current team and managers are really good people who have patiently answered any questions I have and are always there to offer support if I need it. I know this can vary from area to area though, in some areas the team are not very nice and the managers are not organised, but I have not found this to be the case at all in my area. I am from North West Cumbria and the team is pretty solid.

I'm coming to the end of my training now, I’ve been buddying for 3 weeks so far on £60 a day, and got my van and tools on day 3 so I have just been following my experienced engineer around in it since. Will be on my own soon but I have many numbers in my phone to call including my managers to call if I am ever stuck when working on my own.

I'd be interested to hear other opinions from employees though as it seems other people have not been so lucky and have fallen into a bad team. I just came to perhaps ease the minds of some people who are thinking of applying (as we are recruiting a lot of engineers at the moment) to just give it a go first, you never know, the team you are put in may be very organised and friendly and in terms of work load, most buildings have a line already in them, so most the time it's easy money at £25 a job with the company paying for all the travel costs. They also don't send me further than 25 miles from home and I usually get my jobs in the same area for that day, although the area does vary, but usually if you get your first job in that area then it means you are staying in that area for the rest of the day (most of the time). I did read that some managers were sending their engineers all over the place which seems to make little sense for both you and the company, if it happens just speak up otherwise they will never notice you, it could just be a mistake/confusion on their part.

Anyway, thoughts and opinions welcome .
-Chris is offline   Reply With Quote